Wednesday 4 October 2017

Livin' On A Prayer

Nikkei Simmer: Starting out from scratch is a royal pain in the posterior. When the two of us got together, we didn't realize that things were going to be rough. I guess that's idealism for you. But you know what...there's that old Bon Jovi song lyric...that goes something like this:

She says: We've got to hold on to what we've got
'Cause it doesn't make a difference
If we make it or not
We've got each other and that's a lot
For love - we'll give it a shot

Oh, we're half way there
Whoah, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, we'll make it, I swear
Whoah, livin' on a prayer

Yeah, that's us, all right. Livin' on a Prayer. Wondering if we'll be able to pay the §50-75 required to keep this lot that we bought out to hopefully build our dream house on. One of these day...we'll manage to do it. I don't know when and things are going to be tight as anything for the next while, but at least, like the song says, we got each other.

Heather Lee: Well, my boyfriend and I decided that we'd head off to Central Park and see what we could. They said that there was a festival in town and we might as well take a look around. There's supposed to be a lake to fish in, but I'm not sure about what we'll catch there. Anythings worth a shot though. What money we have, we have to nurse through and make sure that we can manage to make whatever dreams we have come true.

NS is so uptight about things and when he's not doing anything, he worries about everything under the sun. It's probably not good for his blood pressure, but well...it's something ingrained in him and he can't help himself. At least if he's fishing, he's not worrying.

At least he loosened up a bit while we were fishing and that helped a considerable bit. It wasn't much small talk, y'know, just inconsequential stuff, about the weather and how the fish were biting and all that. Y'know. stuff that bores us women to tears.

...but at least he's not worrying. I swear, if he doesn't stop worrying...and he has a heart-attack as a result, I'm going to brain him with a frying pan and then I won't have to worry about his health.

Nikkei Simmer: Well...we decided that since we were on bikes as well as on foot depending on what mode of transportation we intended to take, we figured that the gym would probably be the next best thing to do...and working out was tops on the list. Hey, if you run across wildlife in Sunset Valley, like bears or wolves...you need to be able to run - as little as that would help. But I don't intend to be an Ursus Americanus snack. So my sweetheart and I huffed and puffed...me on the weight machine and she on the treadmill.

Yeah...it wasn't pretty. I barely missed getting a hernia and honey nearly faceplanted on the treadmill. Not fun.

Heather Lee: But we did find some fun afterwards. ~smirk~

Nikkei Simmer : Yep...that was definitely worth it. ~pie-eating grin~ Good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment