Wednesday 4 October 2017

The Hard Knock Life

Heather Lee: Late afternoons saw us painting - while the temperature was still rather hot, it wasn't intolerable as it was during the day. We finally decided to build a bathroom outside which allowed us to do our business on our homelot rather than have to bicycle while in excretory distress. it was the same old-same old dumpster diving and selling routine for at least three days in a row.

My boyfriend headed out to go dumpster dive, while I followed him not too long later, except that my task was to catch our evening meal. While he discovered all manner of multi-legged critters crawling around in the Quaternary ooze, I got to hook scaley things that swam...and probably looked a lot nicer than what he was having to muck about in.

As was our customary routines, I came home in the dark...he came home just as the sun rose.

I was asleep, but I could tell that my boyfriend was cooking something (probably one of the fish he had caught sometime between dumpster diving and coming home. Thank goodness for a shower on the lot, because at least he smelled good when he came to bed. You really think I'm going to keep my hands off him even when I'm tired?

Nikkei Simmer: Well, a couple of my long-time friends decided that their city was unlivable and decided to give Sunset Valley a try. That brought and extra §30K simoleons into the bank roll and allowed us a chance to plan for a little house. When they got here they helped us out for a while...because they helped fish while I went and did the whole binning thing.

...and who says no to friends. Mama didn't raise me to be brainless and any sort of help that we got monetarily would enable us to get under roof before the first snow fell. Heather's paintings were increasing in value and she was pulling in contract orders too from several different Sims around the neighbourhood. So that allowed us all to rest a little easier knowing that there was money in the coffers to actually start building.

Phil enjoyed cooking, but it didn't help that he was insane. But of course it made for lively interaction.

Heather Lee: And the routine of daily life went on...while the construction of the house that we were to live in continued, only now...there were four of us...living the Hard Knock life.

Nikkei Simmer: But at least things would get better once we got under a roof and four walls. at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment