Wednesday 4 October 2017

Love is Bliss

Heather Lee: Y'know...sometimes my boyfriend surprises me. He said that he wanted to head out for dinner. Phil was out at the park, doing goodness knows what. So we pretty much had the house to ourselves. I'm shy and I don't usually like heading out. It just grates on me when I have to be around people that I don't know. Even Phil and Noel grated on me at the start. But somehow, he convinced me to go.

...and so we went...

... dinner being eaten amidst a bunch of people I didn't know was disconcerting but the food was absolutely delicious. And it certainly took care of a stomach that didn't even realize that it was actually peckish. Anyhow, the food was cooked well and the chef was exceedingly gracious. The service was surprisingly very good even with the reviews that it had received which weren't very flattering. However when we came out, we saw that Noel was there, flirting with Iliana Langerak. Does he not know that she's married?

...I don't have a feeling that Dustin would be very impressed, but then again, the rumors that I've been hearing around the area, Dustin hasn't been paying attention to his wife very much. I don't know what it is about men and their wandering eyes, but then again, that's extremely judgemental considering that my boyfriend doesn't stray in the slightest. And I could see that Iliana had lost her tightly tied back bun in favor of some loose waves and to tell you the goodness honest truth, that hairstyle looks much more flattering than that bun and pancake makeup she was wearing.

...but then my boyfriend distracted me from Noel and Iliana by starting to flirt with me. And you can see where I appreciate that because it generally leads to other things.

...I certainly wasn't sure where this flirting was leading, when he suddenly got down on his knee...oh...was it...?

My heart leapt...as I was tongue-tied...for a long moment, because he paused for what was probably only about five seconds but that five seconds seemed like an eternity then he pulled out a little box and I knew exactly what he was going to do...even though at that moment, it was like a surreal dream.

...and there it was...the little gleam in the box of something shiny...it was what I thought it was...

I couldn't speak as he told me that I had made him complete, that he thought of me as his best friend, and the one that he wanted to spend his life with. I was shocked for the longest moment as he paused...then said, "Will you marry me?" simply...after all, he liked to keep things simple and straight-forward, no beating around the bush and making mountains out of molehills. Just a straight simple question...and...

...of course, my answer was an emphatic "Yes...I will..."...and the world around us melted away...

We clung to each other...ignoring the rest of the world around us, because at that moment, no-one else mattered. It was just the two of us. and the fact that we had just pledged to spend the rest of our lives together...He loved me...and I loved him, with all my heart.

...and that was all that mattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment