Wednesday 3 April 2024

Chapter Three - Making My Mark

If there's one type of sim that I absolutely loathe, it's these insufferable paparazzi. They're like the maggots that collect on a rotting piece of flesh looking for a juicy morsel to pick over. The one thing that makes me cackle with glee is seeing one of them zapped by the Watcher. Evidently Narcissa Vatos had nothing better to do but to tail me and see where I was going. She evidently got in the way of a stray million volts from the blue.

Man, that must have hurt.

Next morning after getting up and picking the harvest from the trees, I decided to head down to the festival grounds. It allowed me to heckle the skaters at the roller-rink. Why not, it's something to do. And it gave me a "feel-good" all around, so it was worth it. I didn't really want to go out there and make a fool out of myself by trying to skate. It's not in my genes to be able to skate, so I decided that I'll just hang out and do whatever I can to find seeds and other things at the park.

Instead of eating the greasy food at the park, I came home and cooked myself a nice plate full of lime-pancakes. At least I won't be getting indigestion from my cooking, since I took a course on cooking and leveled up.

Aleister's Potion Shop was one of the places that I drop off surplus gemstones and other items that I want sold, so I headed over there. Evidently some guy from Egypt had a problem with me so I gave him all that he could handle. I also gave him a mean high-five, sneering at him that he couldn't get it right.

That night I raided the science center's garden for more fruits and vegetables to plant. At least I didn't have to outlay cash for seeds. Then in the morning, I had a chance to read a skillbook on cooking and concoct up an elixir in my little room downstairs. Then I went outside to take care of the garden. At least if I have a garden, I won't go hungry in the winter-time and the greenhouse keeps it nice so that the plants won't freeze and I'll be able to pick them year-round.

When I went down to the park later on that day, I met Anne Song. She was one of the paparazzi, but she seemed approachable so I decided to utilize her in getting to know the area. At least this way, I knew what was going on...and paparazzi can't tend to keep their mouths shut so at least that way, I'm always in the know as to what's going on. Then I'll be able to tailor my next move to what can be measured as the town reaction. Because once I have my hands in everything, then it'll be time to move out the Landgraabs, the Altos and the Goths. And the funny thing is, that like every two-bit movie villain, the three wealthiest families in Sunset Valley certainly didn't realize that it's better to keep silent and let the populace find out when it's too late; rather than rub ones hands comically in malicious glee all whilst spouting off all their plans - which makes it even easier to counter.

There were plenty of things to do at the festival grounds at the park. Four sims decided that they were going to have a hot-dog eating contest. It drew my attention for a little while, but of course, none died from vomiting up the contents of their stomach. At least they were smart and didn't go at such a break-neck pace that they weren't able to keep everything down. It bored me. If there wasn't some risk to life, the contest wasn't worth watching as far as I was concerned.

So rather than fall asleep on my feet watching an absolutely boring hot-dog eating contest, I headed home and worked a bit on my inventing; cut a few gemstones that I placed on my Carters XXL table and then went off to raid Simis Bachelor's garden. Well, let's just say that I don't like criminals either. And evidently, he was the crime boss who worked hand in hand with Nick Alto. So it was hilarious watching him gibber speechlessly as I walked through his house; flashing him a savage grin as I emptied his entire garden.

He said, "You can't do this to me. Do you know who I am?"

I just said, "Just watch me 'cuz you won't be able to touch me. Your garden is mine, Simis." and gave him the middle-finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment